The Victorian Institute of Sport (VIS) has an exciting and challenging opportunity for a VIS Diving Head Coach to join our world class sports Institute, located in Albert Park, Melbourne. The opportunity would suit an appropriately accredited and experienced diving coach already working within an integrated program environment and with a demonstrated track record of coaching success at the elite senior/junior national or international level.
The Victorian Institute of Sport (VIS) Diving Head Coach is a leader of and a key contributor to the overall development and implementation of the Diving Program. The major focus of this position is to:
- Provide hands on coaching to the athletes selected into the VIS Program
- Oversee the Victorian Institute of Sport Diving Program so that it operates as a World Class program in line with direction provided by Diving Australia (DA) Melbourne Pillar National Coach
- Direct the support providers for the diving program
- Working with DA and Diving Victoria (DV to ensure the Diving program complements the national and state direction of the sport
- Develop and work with the VIS Program athletes to ensure their ultimate selection to the DA National Squad & Teams
- Prepare the athletes for elite level competition and ultimately international success
- Assist DA with identifying athletes for possible inclusion in the VIS Program and providing guidance to DV coaches around such athletes
- Work with DA and DA to ensure the DV underpinning/pathways programs complement the national and state direction of the sport
- You must be an Australian citizen, have permanent residency status or a visa permitting you to work in Australia.
- Level 2 NCAS Diving Qualification (or overseas equivalent)
- Working with Children / Working with Vulnerable People Check
- Successful completion and currency of Level 1 & 2 Sport Integrity (SIA) accreditation
- Successful completion of SIA “Keep Sport Honest” Anti-match fixing education components
- Current First Aid & CPR Qualification
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification
If this sounds like you, an Information Pack with further details about the VIS and the role can be obtained from Matthew Thompson, Performance Coordinator (VIS), on 0408 284 397 or email@example.com.
Applications must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5pm Tuesday 2nd November 2021. Applications will need to address the essential selection criteria outlined in the Position Description under "Job Holder Capabilities" to be considered.
The Victorian Institute of Sport (VIS) is one of Australia’s elite high performance sports training and coaching organisations. Through promoting our maxim of “Success in Sport and Life” the organisation constantly strives to provide an environment in which talented athletes have the opportunity to excel in both their chosen sport and life in general. Underpinning this dedication is a strong set of core values that promote excellence, courage, passion, community, simplicity and success amongst not only the athletes, but also the coaching and support staff equally.