Nutrition | Cranberry, oat & seed bars
Wednesday, 11 March 2020
Need a new snack idea? These muesli bars are so quick and easy to make. And you can change up the ingredients for a new bar every week.
- 1½ cups rolled oats
- ½ cup wholemeal self raising flour
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup pepitas
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- ¼ cup honey
- Preheat oven to 160ºC. Line a 20cm square baking tin with baking paper, allowing the baking paper to hang over the sides.
- Combine the oats, flour, dried cranberries, pepitas, sesame seeds and the egg in a large bowl.
- Place the oil and honey in a small saucepan over low heat; stir until well combined and smooth. Simmer for 1 minute. Add honey mixture to the oat mixture; stir until well combined.
- Press the mixture firmly into the prepared tin and smooth the surface with the back of a spoon. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a deep golden colour. Cool the snack bars completely before cutting into 16 squares.
You may like to substitute the cranberries, pepitas and sesame seeds with other dried fruits and seeds. Good combinations could be:
- Dried pineapple & coconut
- Apricot and almonds
- Dried apple, sultanas, cinnamon and walnuts
Recipe from Australian Healthy Food Guide magazine, March 2019