Nutrition Tip | New Year Diets
Monday, 06 January 2020
A new year brings new goals and unfortunately for some, this means jumping on the latest fad diet bandwagon.
This doesn’t mean that you can’t take control of your health by improving your dietary intake and exercise patterns.
Here are some simple tips that our VIS Nutrition team advises to cut through all the New Year diet noise:
- Not restricting certain foods/food groups
- Not creating food rules that are unhealthy
- Being cautious of certain “diets” promoted in the media
- Not always believing what you read in the media - if it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is
- Seeking advice from a Dietitian/Sports Dietitian before changing your diet in any way
It is important to remember that there is NO QUICK FIX. Rather than setting unrealistic and unsustainable goals this New Year, start 2020 by empowering yourself with the latest evidence-based and scientific knowledge around nutrition.
Eating should be enjoyable, it should be fun, it should be balanced and it should be easy to maintain for the rest of your life! Let’s smash 2020 – here’s to happy, healthy and balanced living!