AIS Combat Sports AW&E and VIS Performance Lifestyle Adviser
Thursday, 22 August 2019
The Victorian Institute of Sport (VIS) in partnership with the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) and Combat Sports is seeking to recruit a passionate, driven and collaborative high performance professional to the position of AIS Combat Sports Athlete Wellbeing & Engagement Lead and VIS Performance Lifestyle (PL) Adviser.
Reporting to the Performance Lifestyle Manager (VIS), the primary purpose of this specialist role is to deliver athlete wellbeing services on a case by case management basis to Combat Sports and VIS athletes and staff as part of an inter-disciplinary team approach.
This full time position (with a 60% AIS Combat Sport AW&E Lead component and 40% VIS Performance Lifestyle) is responsible for providing best practice wellbeing, career, education, lifestyle management and transition advice, to optimise Combat Sport and VIS athletes’ on and off-field performances.
As the National Lead for AW&E for all Combat Sport program athletes within the National Centres of Excellence in Canberra and Victoria, this role requires regular interstate travel to ensure AW&E delivery is appropriate and meets the needs of the individual athletes. The position will be based at the world class VIS headquarters in Melbourne’s Albert Park precinct.
Key Accountabilities Include:
- Manage and deliver AW&E and Performance Lifestyle services on a case by case management basis including; career counselling, educational advice, personal development, conduct & professionalism counselling, ‘family and friend’ programs, business and community referrals, delivery of training courses, transition services, referrals to in-house Sport and Clinical Psychologist or Mental Health Referral Network
- Engage and collaborate with the AIS Combat Sports Manager, AIS Combat Centre Performance Support Consultant and Combat Sports Program Coaches in identifying performance gaps to then negotiate and deploy the necessary AW&E plans for both the program and individual within it
- Engage and collaborate with the appropriate VIS coaches/program/performance managers to work on identifying the performance gaps to then negotiate and deploy the necessary PL plans for both the program and the individuals within it
- Develop and implement the Combat Sports AW&E framework and implement and review policies and procedures that are aligned to the AW&E Framework to support the holistic development, safety and protection of Combat Sport athletes
- Design, facilitate, coordinate and deliver PL & AW&E workshops to address the contemporary issues faced by high performance athletes
You Will Bring
To be successful, a strong understanding of high performance sport is essential. You will be both ‘hands-on’ and strategic in an inter-disciplinary team environment. A strong emphasis will be placed on the successful applicant having the necessary interpersonal skills, a collaborative communication style and well-honed negotiation and influencing skills. Past experience in a performance services environment will be advantageous.
Relevant qualifications or equivalent experience that would support the achievement of the role purpose are essential - (E.g. Career Counselling, Counselling, Education, Health, Human Resources, Performance or Psychology). You will also require a Current Driver’s Licence, Victorian Working with Children Check and Current Safeguarding Children Certification.
Remuneration will be commensurate with your skills and experience. To apply for this position, you must be legally entitled to work in Australia.
Sound like you?
Don’t miss the opportunity to grab this once-in-a-lifetime dream job.
Applications must be emailed to email@example.com no later than 5.00pm, on Wednesday 11 September 2019.
Applicants should provide a current resume, a letter of application and address the essential/desirable qualifications, experience and skills criteria outlined in the Position Description. Applicants who fail to do so will not be considered.
Interviews will be scheduled for week commencing 23 September 2019.