Nutrition Tip | What kind of person doesn’t like pizza? A weirdough
Monday, 11 February 2019
On Saturday Feb 9th we celebrated National Pizza Day! Every year at least 5 billion pizzas are sold globally. No further introduction is needed in terms of the deliciousness and enjoyment pizza can bring. To help keep your nutrition goals on track, we have whipped up our favourite nutritious pizza recipe you can make at home.
- Start with a pizza base: wholemeal pita bread
- Add on the base sauce: tomato paste or hommus
- Add as many or as little toppings:
- Aim for 3 different coloured veg: rocket, capsicum, zucchini, sweet potato, pumpkin, mushroom, olives, broccolini or corn
- Finish with a: low fat tasty cheese
- and a meat of your choice: shredded chicken breast, chorizo, prosciutto, lamb or beef
- For something a little fancy: sprinkle on some dukkah, pumpkin seeds or walnuts
And enjoy … your nutritious and delicious pizza!