Nutrition Tip |Changing up your pasta
Monday, 12 February 2018
Did you know there are some new varieties of legume based pasta in your supermarket aisles? If you experience gut discomfort with wheat based pasta's, why not try chickpea or pulse pasta? These varieties may also offer a little more protein compared to usual types! Spelt pasta and gnocchi are also wonderful alternatives to get the fuel in your tank, aiding recovery and boosting immunity.
Pulse pasta with pan-fried tomatoes, basil, spinach, capers, oily tuna & parmesan.
- 250g pulse pasta
- 500g cherry tomatoes halved
- 4 cups of spinach
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil or lemon infused.
- 1 ¼ cups of basil leaves
- 1 large can of olive oil tuna
- ¼ cup capers
- S & P to serve
1. Cook pasta in large pot of boiling water until al dente
2. In a large frying pan, coat with olive oil and fry tomatoes & garlic until skins are boiled
3. Once cooked, stir together pasta, tomato & garlic sauce, spinach, ½ basil, tuna, capers and remaining olive oil
4. Season with salt and pepper, remaining basil & shaved parmesan