Nutrition Tip | Hydration
Monday, 20 November 2017
As we near the warmer months, it’s important our hydration is tip top. Here are some practical tips which can be easily incorporated into your training lifestyle. Remember to check the colour of your urine in the morning to see how well you’re hydrating!
1. Buy a new drink bottle!
2. Treat yourself to some fancy flavours of tea!
3. Add a little extra salt to your meals or choose a salty snack such as popcorn, pretzels, flavoured rice cakes or add some salty capers to your next meal!
4. Opt for a milk and yoghurt based breakfast or large smoothie post training.
5. Increase your veggie intake, sugar snap peas, celery, capsicum, zucchini and radish!
6. Talk to your Sports Dietitian about supporting long, sweaty training sessions with electrolytes or undergo a sweat test analysis.