Marketing & Media Traineeship 2018
Thursday, 07 December 2017
The Victorian Institute of Sport (VIS) Communications and Marketing department is offering a one-year trainee program to a university student or recent graduate. This unpaid placement is for approximately 8-12 hours per week over a 12-month period, starting in February 2018.
Here is an exciting learning opportunity for a passionate intern who has an interest in sports marketing, digital media and communications. The right candidate will be a hardworking, articulate, passionate and motivated individual with a willingness to learn and a strong interest in sport. They will be social media savvy and have the ability to generate relevant and timely content, and have a sound understanding of the Australian media landscape.
1. Broad purpose of the position and its responsibilities/duties:
The placement will be located at the VIS within the VIS Marketing and Communications Department at Lakeside Stadium, 33 Aughtie Drive, Albert Park. The trainee will be directly supervised by the VIS Communications & Marketing Coordinator to assist with the implementation and delivery of VIS communication and marketing activities, as well as general administration tasks. The placement will be for 12 months for approximately 8-12 hours per week.
2. Statement of Key Responsibilities/Duties
Reporting to the VIS Communications & Marketing Coordinator, key responsibilities include:
- Assisting with the maintenance and development of digital marketing activities including;
- Delivery of the weekly Sports Express e-newsletter
- Updating and continual improvement of VIS public website (www.vis.org.au)
- Assisting with maintenance and development of VIS social media and podcast platforms
- Generation of engaging video content for digital channels, namely VIS Insider videos
- Regular measurement, evaluation and reporting on performance of online marketing activities
- Assisting with the design, development and editing of all VIS printed publications including the Pinnacle magazine and the Annual Review
- Maintaining the VIS marketing database as required
- Assisting with the formulation of marketing strategies
- Generating appropriate stories to raise community awareness of VIS programs, athletes and staff
- Assisting with events and media launches in relation to special events and promotions
- Media monitoring and organisation of media mentions and clippings
3. Reporting/Working Relationships:
Responsible to the VIS Communications & Marketing Coordinator and liaising with other VIS staff, service providers, coaches and athletes and VIS partners and stakeholders
4. Special Conditions:
Students currently enrolled in university degrees may be able to complete this placement as a fieldwork opportunity, if arranged with your university. Please note that some of the hours in the traineeship may be able to be completed after hours.
To ensure their own safety and the safety of others, employees must work in a safe manner and comply with all VIS policies and procedures relating to Occupational Health, Safety and Welfare.
1. Who is eligible?
This traineeship is available to undergraduate or postgraduate students studying Marketing or Communications or an equivalent degree with an interest in providing high quality support for VIS athletes. Applicants with other related Marketing or Communications degrees may also be considered.
Placements are NOT offered to high school students.
2. Essential application requirements:
All applicants must provide the following with their application:
- Cover letter addressing why the applicant would like the placement (career aspirations)
- Most recent academic record
To apply, please send your application (including cover letter, CV and academic record) to Ashley Carr (firstname.lastname@example.org) by COB on Friday 19 January 2018.